- Connect to the device and collect data (at a slower pace) in case of deactivation of Datalert by Apple or Datalert killed by the user.
- Identify and display the reason of connectivity loss
- Manage communication pace to the employee (call to action)
- UI improvement
- Dashboard widget manager
- Total usage on selected lines display
- Minor bug fixes
Connectivity is key
Connectivity between employee's devices and the portal (backend) is key to ensure a good management of the data usage. As many factors can lead to a loss of connectivity with the portal, some improvement had been developed to monitor better the connection status of each device.
- Device is turned off
- Device if off network
- Device is in plane mode
- Device in low power mode
- Datalert App is uninstalled by the user
- Datalert App had been killed by the user
- Background activity disabled by Apple
- Android App Manager blocking Datalert
What are the rules
Datalert retrieves usage data on each line every 15mn
If the collection of data not longer happens the line status change to "Offline" after 1 hour for a line in a domestic situation (30 minutes for a line in roaming situation).
The portal displays the reason why we cannot collect data at a normal pace.
Depending on the reason per default notifications are sent to employee
and/or IT Manager.
New settings allow the set the pace of these messages and can be modified
at any time in the portal setting's menu.
Settings / Telecom policy / Connection status tab
Please sign in to leave a comment.