|Settings / Carriers/plans/zones|
Set (or modify) the different roaming zone in a carrier plan
When a plan is created, it is necessary to define how the roaming if working for this plan. Carriers can link roaming data packages to the plan or as options. These packages are valid for a selected number of countries, grouped into “zones”. To finalize the settings of the plan you need to define the different roaming zones. If you plan has no specific roaming packages, the usage of the data can be priced at different rates depending on the country the line is traveling in. So you need to define the zone in all cases.
You can define a zone with the following steps:
- Go to Settings / Carriers/Plans/Zones
- Click on the carrier you want to prepare a zone for
- For the plan you want to prepare a zone for, click on “Add Zone”
- Enter a descriptive name for your zone. Examples: “EMEA + Canada”, “Africa”, “AT&T Zone 1”, “ROTW” (Rest Of The World).
- Define the roaming data cap of the zone. How much data can use a line having traffic into a country of this zone before being billed overages. If no package is set for this zone the Roaming cap needs to be “0”.
- Define the “Roaming cost over data cap”. This is the price per MB that the carrier is billing when the user is over the “Roaming cap” previously defined.
- If the zone is an extended domestic zone
- Check the “Extended Domestic Zone” checkbox.
- Define the extended domestic zone data cap
- Select the countries you want to be part of the zone
- The SIM/carrier native country is in red and cannot be selected
- You can select/deselect countries:
- By clicking on countries on the map
- By searching in the search field and check the countries displayed
- By filtering by continent and then use the check all check box
- A country that is already part of an existing zone cannot be selected
Loop these steps to include every country in a zone.
Once your zones are created, your plan will look like that:
You can display the list of countries of each zone by clicking on the eye icon:
If you need to modify an existing zone
To change a country from one zone to another,