|Using Intune profiles|
Guide to setup the Datalert integration with Intune
Preparing a profile for Datalert to apply on a device
In Intune you need to create a group and to create a profile. The properties attached to the profile are the properties (limitations) you want to apply to a device. For the same goal, you need to set a profile per plateform (iOS, Android, Windows 10), because each platform get different capabilities/limitations.
The profiles created are attached in Intune to a Group (of users) created in Intune.
When Datalert is applying a profile to a user, it is in fact including the user into the Group created.
Creating a group of users
Go to Intune / Groups / New Group
Filled up the fields
- Group type: Office 365
- Group name: must start with "swd_". Example: swd_nofacebook
- Membership type: Assigned
- Type on "Create"
2. Creating profile(s)
The profile need to be set for each plateform as each plateform as different capabilities/limitations.
- Go to: Intune / Device Configuration / Profile
- Create profile (one per plateform)
You may use the same name used for the Group to make it more easy to remember
- Set the properties you want to be applied
3. Attache the profil to the Group
- In the profil, select the profil to attached to a Group
- Click on Assignment
- Click on Select Group to include
- Select the Group you created in step 1
- Click on Select
- This Group will display in the Datalert MDM menus