|Disabling data on iOS devices on a domestic situation|
Disabling cellular data on a iOS is possible using the profiles in Intune.
To restore cellular data:
- The device need to be connected to wifi.
- The Datalert Admin needs to take the user out of the group from Datalert portal (or Intune)
- At the end of the line billing cycle, the user will be automatcally taken out of the group
Note about the process:
After Datalert portal sent the request to Intune to apply the group change here is approximatley the timing of the events:
- Datalert portal request the group change for a user
- 15/20 secondes later the user is placed into the group
-> that can be seen in Group/swd_name_of_your_group/Members
- The device receives an notification about the groupe change
- 5 to 10 minutes later the restriction (profile) is applied to the user's devices
->That can be seen in Device configuration in the device details. You will see a line with the name of the policy and a "Succeeded" status.
So it takes up to 10 minutes to apply (and same to de-apply).
How to check on the device that the profile applied?
- You can see that as the device will be unsable to communicate using cellular network. You will have the carrier icone visible (AT7T in the example here):
- You can go into settings/general/device management/Management profile/details and check that you have the following profile into the list of profiles:
What if the profile is not into list?
If the profile is not in the list you need to check in Intune that you do not have for this user/device another profile that conflicts with this one. If another group/profile is applied to the device check that the parameter "Configuration profile changes (supervised only)" is set on "Not configured" and not set on "Block"