What to do is the device number is not present in the portal MobileIron Cloud?
Some devices do not let the EMM/MDM read their phone number during the enrollment. In such case the device phone number will no showup into MobileIron portal.
As Datalert needs to phone number to get the insurance that it is dealing with the correct device, here is a turnaround to make it work.
MobileIron Cloud authorize the creation of "attributes" for the device. We can use a specific attribute to keep the device/line number in the portal and have Datalert to work.
Proceed to the following steps:
- In MobileIron Cloud portal go to Admin/Attribute
- Click on "+Add New"
- Create an attribute with this exact name: datalert_phone_number
For each device that needs to get the phone number entered, proceed to the following steps:
- Go to Device and pick the device you want to set the number for
- Go to Attributes
- Click on +Add New
- Choose in the first field "datalert_phone_number"
- Type in the second field the device phone number as + country_code number (+14049876533)
Your devices can now enroill properly in Datalert.