|MobileIron Cloud + Datalert policies|
How to use MobileIron Cloud profiles in Datalert?
Prepare MobileIron Cloud to get profiles available in the policy
In MobileIron Cloud you can set profiles that will display in Datalert in the policy settings as a choice of action. If selected, the profile will aplly to the device.
For that you need to apply the following steps:
- Go to Devices/ Device Groups
- Create a new device group with a descriptive name starting with "SWD_": "SWD_GROUP_DEVICES_NO_APP_IOS". It does not have to be specifito one OS but it can.
- Go to Configurations
- Into the Configurations tab add the configurations you want. Each configuration get properties that will limite the modify device's capabilities when applied.
- Link the configuration to the device group you created.
- Go to Administration / System / Attributes
- Add a attribute with the following name: datalert_no_roaming
- Go to Device / Device Groups
- Edit the device group and select Dynamically Managed and set a rule where swd-no-app-install equals 1
To apply the profile on a device in a policy, you can now select it in the policy settings of Datalert as it is now visible for profile selection.